Monday, June 30, 2014




LETTERS FROM HOME




Tobago Orchid


Our Grand Daughter Sarah Pinnock in Argentina

Family,

This week was really sick!!!! ... But really I was sick all week.  Wednesday morning = me throwing up.  Wednesday night = me not sleeping. Thursday morning = worst headache of my life.  And by Saturday in the evening I had lost my voice and I still haven’t gotten it back.  When it's just me and the comp we whisper so I can save my voice but whatever I need the boca to speak to the humans so what can you do?

Regardless of being sick I´m proud to say that we hit it hard!  I am trying to work as hard as I can with my little child... I don't want her to be a liver missionary.  We had some awesome lessons this week.  We had a lesson with Marta on Tuesday that rocked.  We had almost started teaching when her ex-husband knocked on the door.  I could tell she was nervous for him to see us but he came in and we just started to ask them both questions.  She hadn't done her scripture reading so we asked if we could read with them.  It was in 3 Nephi chapter 17 one of my favorite chapters and the Spirit was strong.... Marta started to choke up....  Her ex stayed pretty quiet so I thought he was kind of bugged but then at the end he expressed how grateful he was to speak to us and asked a lot of questions he had.  He asked questions like how can we be saved?  And what do we think of all the bad things happening in the world?   I loved every second.  We gave him a lot of pamphlets and invited him to come back and offered to send the missionaries to his house but he declined because he said he’s always working and never at home but whatever.  Anyway, we left that appointment real happy!  My companion was a little lost in the Spanish but the truth is she is learning fast!  I’m proud of her and love training.  We also found a family of five to teach this last week.... holllllly great family!!!!  I’m super excited to keep teaching them! Their names are the familia Silva.... good humans.  Well I love you all!  Have a great week!

Hermana Pinnock






Tobago Critter
Sister Linton refers to him as 
Mr. Big Eyes


Our Grandson Joshua Pinnock in Italy

Family,

I got an email from David this week and it was amazing. 
School is about to let out here as well and I am not
looking forward to that. We will be stopping high school kids who don’t
care at all but who knows we might be able to find a cool one. We
hope that we might be able to teach some families here soon because
that would be the coolest thing ever. The thing that I am not looking
forward to is Faraguosto. It is a holiday that Italians take in
August. So for about three weeks every Italian with money picks up
and leaves for the beach. So most Italian cities are left absolutely
vacant and any of the big beach cities have a never ending supply of
new people. So us being on the sea might make it better. The people
will either come to us or our entire city will just leave. I really
hope that our city is one of the cities that people go to. Besides
that not much happened this week. Yesterday we had to sit inside the
entire day waiting for a man to hook our stove up to the gas line...It
took him four hours. We were going to be able to teach at least five
lessons yesterday but because the man hooking up our line wasn’t
American we had to sit on chairs the entire day...AAAAHHHHHH!!! Its
ok because now our apartment is ready for gas and we should get
that on Friday. Then for the rest of the week nothing really
out of the ordinary happened. It scares me that I have already served for almost a year.
I felt like I just flew in but I’m already almost half way to sitting
in an airplane again...dang-it!  Oh well that means that I still have
a year to work and preach the good word of God!
Have a great week and stay awesome!

Elder Pinnock

No comments:

Post a Comment