Wednesday, June 4, 2014





Tobago Southern Lapwing

LETTERS FROM OUR MISSIONARIES


Family,

So this week was a good one.... On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I think I blacked out a few times waiting for the new greenie companion.  I was so stoked and so nervous.... haha and then she came!  (Wow I just realized how scary having an actual baby must be... that´s terrifying) On Wednesday we went to the mission office aka Villa Mitre my first area.... P.S. I love visiting there because I get to see how all my converts are doing... Jorge is great!  Orlando is even better!  He found out that his long lost brother was my old ward mission leader.... SAY WHAT????  Anyways that made me super stoked!  I’m super happy that was my first area.  But anyways I get to the mission office and BAM new comp is right there waiting for me!  AWWWWW!!!!  She’s a good egg!!!!!  Legit super cute!  Her name is Hermana Eubanks from the ghettos of Georgia and she´s adorable!  She's nineteen and super stoked on the work!  The spanish is hard for her but she is learning fast... like a lot faster than I ever learned!  But for reals this is going to be a great transfer.... I'm really going to work her hard and we are going to have a lot of fun!  

We had Laura, Maria, and Camila in the church on Sunday and we were super stoked on that!!!  Camila is nine years old and her mom and siblings are all less active so we are also doing reactivating action right now. I think working with less actives is harder but a lot of the time more satisfying!  Dolly didn't go to church.... her brother said she couldn't get baptized.... como se dice "devil child".  But we are going over to her house tonight to talk and see what we can do.

Well I love yal tons!  The church is true.... see ya later!

Hermana Pinnock



Tobago Green Parrot

Family

That was the greatest letter you have ever sent me! Thank you so much for keeping me up on the fam and putting great thought into it. I love hearing about the family and I can smell the pies that were all eaten in a frantic mess in order to win...I love that game. 

So it sounds like you are all doing great. David has started his big boy job and Jane is tearing it up with dance and violin. She has been working so hard on both of those I bet that she is really happy to see the fruits of her labor. I’m also really happy to hear about G & G Linton. No one could ever finish their mission in a better way than that. Going around giving blessings to everyone would be such an amazingly spiritually uplifting experience I don't know what could beat it. 

Sorry that Dad pulled a muscle in his back. What was he doing? Oh well now he will just lay down and Ben will take over the yard. There are a lot of things that I look forward to when I get home but seeing and working in that yard is one of the things I want to do the most and if the Pinnock/Linton family happens to be there on the lawn I guess thats ok.  

So me and my comp had a great week. We are having hard times with some of our investigators. Many of them have the same problem that they complain and say that they need help and they may even pray for help but they don't do anything else. God helps us to improve what we are doing. If we arent doing anything what can He improve? Its a simple principle that we try to teach our investigators but they never seem to understand it. But there were some great things that happened this week as well. One is Livorno got its brand new bishopric on Sunday. It was really cool to be there. Our new bishop is a great man and I know that he will do a great job for our new ward. He is also going to need a lot of help because he has four little children, two of which are small baby twins plus one of the twins is severely autistic so his wife is going to need everyone's help. But it was great on Sunday when he went up the members helped his wife take care of the children and even took them out and helped calm them when they cried. 

So that was great plus yesterday we met with a new investigator and his Son-in-law and they were both great. They are both very Catholic but very kind and open. Plus they have a very strong family and that will help them because they will be able to support each other in the gospel. 

 So that was my favorite part of this last week. Oh and my birthday went on...kind of. We had weekly planning, and finding work.  Me and my comp had a great time and at the end of the day we got pizza for the celebration. It was very low key but there shouldn't be a focus on me right now anyway. And what you said at the end of your letter is true. We have a strength of God going through us. I can work all day without feeling too tired but when I go to bed my body starts to shut down and as soon as I hit that pillow I am asleep. 

I love my mission so much and thank you for helping and supporting me in this mission.

Elder Pinnock



Tobago Smooth Billed Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment